FACTS ABOUT QUAILS YOU MUST BE AWARE OF
A) Management of quails
1. At the age of six- weeks , female Quails usually weight ‘’ 175- 200 gms.’’ And the males weight about ‘’125-150 gm.’’
2. Females start laying eggs at 7 –weeks of age and continue upto 22-weeksof age
3. Usually egg laying happens during the evening time of the day .
4. The Quails egg usually weight about ‘’ 9 to 10 gm., and also goes to 12gm. With properly nutrition- care.
5. The breast of the male is usually narrow , and covered with equally distribute brown and white feathers. But the female quail has a broad breast covered with brown feathers with black- dots.
6. The male and female quails should be separated at the age of 4- weeks .
7. Sixteen hours of light perday should be available to the egg laying Quails .
1. Quails starts laying their eggs at the age of 7th week. They attain 50% eggs production at 8th week of age.
2. IN order to produce , fertile eggs the males should be reared along with the females at 8 to 10 weeks of age .
3. The male , female ratio is 1:5 .
4. Incubation – period is 18 day .
5. With 500 femaless , we can produce 1500- chicks week
C) Facts about diseases of quails
1. When there is deficiency of vitamins and minerals and minerals in the female quail breeders , the chicks obtained from their fertile eggs are usually lean with weak legs .
2. To prevent this the breeder females should be provides with optimum minerals and vitamin in their feed .
3. Generally Quails are resistant to infectious diseases than chicken . so there is no vaccination required for quails .
4. Proper management of chicks , dis-infecting farm premise , providing clean drinking water to quails and feeding of quality concentrate feed will prevent diseases outbreak-s in farms
1. Male Quail already make a different sound which is usually disturbing to the human .
2. When rearing the male and female together , the male peck the other and make them blind…