Exciting Soya Products you can make in your house easily
Now that very soon there is going to be a huge supply of cheap agro products like soya beans , maize meal and peanuts , i am going to be taking you through simple recipes to make delicious homemade foods using as such
This preservative- and additive-free homemade soy milk works great for drinking, culturing, or making tofu. Use only white soy beans for making soy milk.
The leftover fiber can be dried or frozen for use in cooking, or as fertilizer. Soy yogurt made at home has a slightly grassy flavor compared to soy yogurt bought commercially.
- Container for soaking beans
- Butter Muslin/ Sieving sack or / muslin coth
- Heavy-bottom Pan
- ½ cup white soybeans
- 2-3 cups water for soaking
- 4 cups water for blending
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Soak soybeans in 2-3 cups of water overnight.
- Discard water and rinse soybeans.
- Remove skins as best you can.
- Add soybeans and 4 cups water to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain the blended mixture using butter muslin or a nut milk bag. A tight-weave cloth is preferable, as twisting the top tightly enables you to continue squeezing out more milk.
- Heat the strained milk in a heavy-bottom pan to 212ºF (100ºC). Hold this temperature for 20 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Cool the milk and store.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days.